Thursday 1 April 2010

Stick on faces

So, rather than finding faces in places, i decided to make them out of inanimate objects and the environment of Manchester... I didn't do as much with this as I'd have liked.. due to time and working on the D&AD brief more but with that said, I'm using this work as a starting point and hoping to continue some of it and experiment a little more with a few things... :)

i started with coming up with some elements that I could use to make faces with...




although i dont have photos of the in between process (yet).. I then drew these out again but larger and onto foam board... which actually takes a lot longer than you'd think.. and then I had to cut them out... so... basically due to poor time management on my behalf, this project is a little under developed.. but still i had fun with it... (hence why I'd like to carry it on)...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


one thing that was discussed is the idea of only having 1 set of facial features and applying them to different shapes, objects and scales... I initially wanted to create varying shapes so the idea didnt become stale but I'm not really saying anything about the characters I've created or the objects upon which I've placed them... for example... the air vent/elephant image is appealing as it looks as if it has a character, as if it is mid action of blowing its horn/nose or whatever it is... but say the road sign image is just a face on a road sign... (originally meant to be zombie facial features). So, if i take 1 set of eyes, a nose and a mouth out but place these onto varying objects can i then personify everyday boring objects in Manchester?

No comments:

Post a Comment